Programs and Activities
The Amherst Senior Center offers many programs and activities to help keep you engaged and active in the community! For our full range of programming, including special events, please see the current edition of the Senior Spirit. Below are our regularly held programs:
Exercise and Fitness Classes
- Arthritis Exercise: Mondays and Thursdays from 12:30-2:00pm.
- Healthy Bones and Balance: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-3:30pm
- Function Well: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-10:00am
- Chair Yoga with Lara: Tuesdays from 10:45-11:45am and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:00am
- Tai Chi: Mondays from 11:00am-12:00pm and Fridays from 2:00-3:00pm
- Folk Dancing: Fridays from 12:45-1:45pm
- Zumba with Medo: Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30am
- Yoga and Pilates with Celeste Sze: Fridays from 11:00am-12:00pm
- Healthy Bones and Balance: Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:00-11:00am, Zoom only
- The Power of Gentle Yoga: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-3:00pm, Zoom only
- Computer Tutoring with Steve Eagle: To make an appointment for free tutoring call, (413) 259-3060.
- Legal Clinic with Attorney Ed Smith: Second Tuesday of each month from 1:00-4:00pm. Appointments of 15 or 30 minutes are available to those who book an appointment. Call (413) 259-3060. This clinic is for informational, educational, and referral purposes. Not for the practice of law.
- Cosmology & Theoretical Physics: Tuesdays from 1:00-3:00pm. Jim Van Luik, Professor Emeritus, Philosophy of Science, presents this ever popular class. Zoom only, contact Florence Rosenstock: firstname.lastname@example.org for link.
- Shakespeare: Wednesdays at 1:30pm. Contact email@example.com to sign up.