Records Bureau

Responsibilities of the Records Bureau

The Records Bureau is responsible for maintaining and updating all department records and files, such as incident and accident reports and parking citations. The Records Bureau is also responsible for collecting fees for copies of these reports. In addition, clerical staff members greet citizens arriving in the building and direct them to the proper person to handle their concern.

In order to obtain records or reports, you must come during the normal business hours of the Records Bureau.


A Records Request Form can now be downloaded and completed online. Once completed, please mail or email this form to the address indicated at the top of the form.

Joy Jolie 2.jpg


Joy Jolie
Public Records Access Officer
111 Main Street
Amherst, MA 01002



7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Monday - Friday
How do I obtain a copy of a motor vehicle crash report, online and in person?

If an Amherst Police Officer responded to a vehicle crash in Amherst, and there was either a report of personal injury or damage in excess of $1000, the police officer would have completed a Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicle Crash Report.

If you need a copy of the crash report that WE completed, you can either obtain that in our Records Office or you can access and print the crash report via the link below.

Effective April 1, 2011 community members can obtain a copy of their motor vehicle crash report online. The fee to access this online service is $10.00, payable by credit card. As always, crash reports are available at our Records Office, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, for a $5.00 fee. If you’d like to utilize the online service, please FOLLOW THIS LINK to Crash reports are generally available 3 days after the crash, but could be longer.

Please Note:
**If the damage was under $1,000, the crash is documented via a call entry only, vs a full Crash Report. Copies of the call entry are available from our Records Office, but not available online**

**If the vehicle crash occured on the UMASS campus, please contact the UMASS Police Department Records Office at 413-545-2121**

Motor Vehicle Crash Form, To be completed by the Vehicle Operators

Have you been involved in a motor vehicle crash? Motorists are required to complete a Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicle Crash Report Form when they've been involved in a motor vehicle crash that has either an excess of $1,000 in property damage or there has been an injury. To be in compliance, mail or deliver 1 copy of the completed RMV Crash Form to the community where the crash happened, mail 1 copy to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, and mail 1 copy to your insurance company.

Download the Crash Form Here.
Requesting your Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI)
The Amherst Police Department cannot provide you with your Criminal Record Request Information (CORI). If you need a copy of your CORI, you must complete this CORI Request Form and mail it to the Department of Criminal Justice Information Services, 200 Arlington Street, Suite 2200, Chelsea, MA 02150. To obtain someone else’s CORI, please visit the Department of Criminal Justice Information Website.
  CORI Request Form
  Juvenile CORI Request Form