Return to Call Force Main Page
The Call Force is currently accepting applications SUMMER 2022.
The Town of Amherst seeks part-time Call Firefighters to perform firefighting activities, emergency medical aid, and hazardous material duties. In order to join the Amherst Fire Department Call Force, the successful applicant must:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- lift 25-100 lbs.
- Have a high school diploma or certificate of equivalency
- Have/obtain a valid US drivers license
- Live within the town of Amherst or in a town bordering Amherst (this requirement is mandatory within a year of hire unless a waiver is obtained from the Fire Chief).
- Not smoke or use tobacco products (smoking or the use of tobacco products by firefighters violates the requirement of the Massachusetts Heart/Lung law)
- Successfully pass a background check by the Amherst Police Department
- Be available most Tuesday evenings throughout the year for paid weekly training, 6:30 pm to 9:30pm.
How to Apply
Anyone interested in applying should complete an online application for employment. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted for an interview in July. Training is expected to begin in August or September.
Online Application Click Here.
(The Town of Amherst is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex national origin, age, sexual preference or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap.)